OFDA membership is voluntary and open to all funeral home firms as well as professional affiliates (allied suppliers or vendors) throughout Oregon, pending Board approval of application. Each member is required to pay dues and abide by the Association's Code of Ethics, but membership is more than paying dues and following rules. It's also an opportunity to connect to a rich resource in order to better serve the families in our care.
As a member, you can benefit from:
- Participation and/or Exhibition at the Annual Convention
- Bi-monthly district dinner meetings, held in locations throughout Oregon
- Online newsletter and email updates
- Access to the Memorial Library materials - books, DVDs, and consumer brochures
- Complimentary National Funeral Trust Services (NFTS) display booth
- Use of the Ethics Committee for mediation purposes
- Public relations for the funeral industry in Oregon
- OFDA's Resume Service
- An organized Political Action Committee ( to make a contribution.)
- Sponsorship and monitoring of legislation beneficial to the industry and the public
- Sponsorship of a mortuary science scholarship at Mt Hood Community College
- Group programs
So, what's the next step?
Call us. You can receive more information about becoming a member of OFDA by calling 503.639.1186